So, here we are. At the end of Week 2.
And I have not finished hemming our curtains. (Although they are pinned, so that’s progress.)
The thing is, the weather this week was amazing. And there was a three-day weekend. So, other projects took precedent.
I could consider this a failure, but I’m going to take it as a Project a Week lesson. Sometimes, project plans change based on conditions. The important part is that projects are getting checked off the list.
Instead of hemming curtains this week, I:
- Transitioned my closet from winter to summer.
- Planted flowers in pots for the front stoop.
- Weeded the front gardens and planted some new annuals.
- Collaborated with Pat to pick out shrubs for the patio border (Pat did the hard part of this project, planting the shrubs on an 85-degree day- and it looks great)
- Planted marigolds in the vegetable garden for some natural pest-control and added bird netting over the strawberries and chives (a cute but destructive rabbit has already been helping himself to the chives- hoping the netting deters him)
- Planted bulbs and thinned out lily-of-the-valley in the side yard.
- Planted various other flower bulbs/seeds and herbs in containers on the patio.