Thirty Things I’m Thankful For – part 2 of 3
Next, the small pleasures:
- Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate bars stashed in the fridge for little nibbles after dinner.
- Simon & Garfunkel’s Concert in Central Park album. I have memories of this album from every phase of my life, starting with very early childhood when my dad would put the record on and we’d dance to Wake Up Little Suzy.
- All Good Bakers’ vegan cinnamon rolls. Eat them.
- Eric Carle’s illustrations – especially the ones of butterflies, peacocks, and walruses.
- Fleece pants at the end of a long day.
- A pile of books by the bed. Piles of books everywhere – board books, cookbooks, parenting books, good books.
- The promise of flowers in bulbs buried beneath the cold November dirt – dear squirrels, please leave those hopeful bulbs alone.
- Lunchtime walks around downtown Albany.
- When it’s my turn to sleep for an extra hour on the weekend while Pat gets up with Evy.
- Cooking and baking cozy things on gray November afternoons, filling the house with yummy smells and warmth and taste testing straight from the pot or oven.