Things I’ve Taken Away from My Toddler Today (And Why)
Object Reason for Confiscation
- Empty coffee container Standing on the top. Logrolling.
- Rolling pin Putting it in her mouth. Refusing to remove it from her mouth.
- Dry pasta Sprinkling it over the kitchen floor, fairy dust style.
- Armchair (closed via ottoman) Standing/jumping on (very proudly).
- Plastic shopping bag Attempting to put on head.
- Reusable shopping bag ” ” (forbidden due to the scary bacteria I’m told coats the inside)
- My hairbrush Throwing, boomerang-style, across the room
- Dryer sheet Attempting to wash face with it
- Cup/bowl/spoon/fork Banging punk-rock-drummer style on the high chair tray (new vocab this vacation: bang bang bang! Dad was doing demo and installing insulation in the attic…)
*thanks to Pat for inspiring this post!